Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Auntie Anne's Pretzel's recipe!!!


That's right! I made some Aunt Anne's Pretzels! And let me just say, they taste so good!
But it was not easy. The webpage I got the recipe from did not mention a couple important things. So I ended up baking two and almost 4 pretzels onto the wax paper that I was told to use to protect the pan.. yea.. didn't work at all.  So how about I give you the recipe and fix their mistakes!


What You Need
§  1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast

§  1 teaspoons vegetable oil
§  3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
§  1 teaspoon butter (melted)
§  3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
§  1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
§  1 1/4 cups warm water
§  Kosher Salt for Topping

What To Do
 - Prepare yeast as instructed on the packet
- Add oil to the yeast and stir.
- In a separate. bowl mix place powdered sugar, butter, flour and salt. Mix. Place yeast mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Now add 1 1/4 cups of warm water.
Flour a surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
Place dough in a covered bowl ( I use plastic wrap) and let it rest for about an hour at 80 degrees. Dough should double in size.
Preheat oven at 425
Take dough and cut into 8 sections. And roll into a long rope.
Below is a video on how to make the pretzel shape. But if you are like me and doing this is just way too complicated then you can always just watch how they are shaped and shape them yourselves after you roll them into the rope. 


Prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda. ( It will give the pretzel that wonderful brown color).
Dip each pretzel into the bath.
Place pretzel on to parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. (I used wax paper and my pretzels baked onto the paper. So unless you want to eat some wax paper that won't harm you and you don't taste it, I suggest you just spray your pans with PAM or something of that sort.) 
Bake for about 10 minutes or until pretzel is brown.
Blush melted butter (optional ) onto each and sprinkle salt on top.
And viola! You now have your wonderfully made Auntie Anne's Pretzels at the fraction of the cost to buy 8 of them!!!

Please Subscribe/Follow me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment