Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fried chicken!


I believe tonight was the first time I have tried fried chicken. I found the recipe really fast so I didn't realize I didn't follow the directions all the way but it turned out fine.. I don't know why this person made it so hard? haha So I'll give you all MY recipe! Slightly different than theirs...

-  Chicken breasts, cut into strips or nugget sizes.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (they called for a whole cup and I wasted all of it.. ugh.)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (I added this, this was not in the original recipe and it gave it a good flavor but it is optional.)
and oil to fry them in.


Directions :

1. While skillet is warming up to 375 degrees F, beat egg and buttermilk together in a bowl.
2. In a re-seal able bag, mix together : garlic powder, flour, salt, baking powder and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken pieces into egg/buttermilk mixture then coat them in the flour mixture. Do this to all the chicken pieces (place each aside until they are all finished).
3. Now add the oil and begin placing each of the chicken pieces into the oil.
4. I cooked mine for 10-15 minutes and they came out great! It said to fry until golden brown and juices run clear.
5. Drain chicken on paper towels.

And there you go! Served great with honey mustard! hmm!!! Well, that is what I had with my chicken!



Please, if you haven't subscribed/followed my blog yet, please do so now!
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment