Thursday, September 6, 2012

Anniversary Dinner

 Well, yesterday was my parents 20th wedding anniversary!! So since like the beginning of August I began to plan out a special anniversary dinner for them. All day yesterday I cooked their dinner and clean most of the house.
But for dinner I cooked Salmon (I don't eat fish so it is funny that I cooked it for them), pasta with Alfredo sauce, broccoli and cheese soup and for dessert we had sparkling grape juice and cherry cheese cake :) We had a great family night. We ended it by watching the Lorax. I have already seen in quite a few times so I cross stitched while they watched it.

For the Salmon, I found the idea on Pinterest but changed it up a bit. I Laid down 6 lemon slices on the bottom, put the 2 salmon fillets on top, then sprinkled Oregano, Basil and Parsley over the fillets, then topped them with 6 more lemon slices (I used about 6 lemons).I also took some seeds out as I went. I wrapped it in tin foil and baked it in the oven at 300 degrees for 25 minutes but this is where my cooking gets complicated. I was busy with other things so left it in the oven for maybe another 5 minutes. When I took it out and unwrapped a part of it, it didn't seem cooked (but how would I know?? I never cooked any type of fish before besides tuna fish!) So I did a quick Google search and decided to cook it longer. I turned up the heat to 350 degrees for another 10 minutes. But after 5 or 7 minutes I turned it up to 400 degrees and set the timer back for 10 minutes. After all of that it was done! It was so tender that it was falling apart when I was taking it off the lemons and onto the plate! I must say that it did look really good and unfortunately I did not take a bite (not that it lasted long anyway haha my parents gobbled it up).


I'm sorry but I forgot to take a picture of the Salmon before my parents devoured it! But here was what was left. My dad said this was probably the best fish he had ever eaten including what he has had at restaurants! That made me very happy!





Like I said, I made cheese cake for dessert. This was my first time making cheese cake ever so I was nervous but it turned out pretty yummy. The texture was off but that is something I can work on to make better. I made this on Tuesday ( a day early). The cheese cake was so warm and yummy and just calling out to me to take a bite. So I took advantage of the very large cracks in the middle and ate a crater out of it :) It was so good!


Then on Wednesday after an incident where this almost fell on the floor (thankfully it slid off the plate (the spring form plate slid off the cake stand) rather than flipping off or something.) It was easily recovered. Though I did have a mini heart attack when it fell!

We have so much broccoli and cheese soup left over! I know what all three of us will be eating for lunches for the next couple days haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment