Homemade Pumpkin Cheesecake..
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 3 packages of cream cheese, room temp.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ nutmeg
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- graham cracker crust (1.5 cup graham crackers, ½ cup melted butter, ⅛ cup of water)
1. Preheat oven to 350degrees
2. Make graham cracker crust
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the 3 packages of cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - mix well!
4. Beat in 4 eggs; (either beat them separately, or directly with the other inredients)
5. Pour the mixture in the pie crust.
6. In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, 1 cup of sugar, a dash of salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or, instead of these spices, separately; just 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice).
7. Light beat 3 eggs and blend them in.
8. Mix in the 2 cups of evaporated milk.
9. Pour the pumpkin mixture over cream cream cheese layer that is already in the pie crust. Neither stir it in, nor worry about floating it on top. Just gently pour it in.
10. Bake the pumpkin pie in the oven at 350° for about an 70 minutes; possibly another 10 minutes (until it has firmed up). The cream cheese layer will bubble up to the surface some; that's fine; it gives it the characteristic appearance.
11. Cool the pumpkin pie and refrigerate it! It won't really firm up unless you refrigerate it (it IS a cheesecake!)