Although I hardly ever like anything I made, this was pretty good. But everyone else was like raving about it. So had to share with you all!
You will need:
- 3 bananas
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of whipping cream ( or two cups of cool whip, or as much as you want of either)
- 1 package of graham crackers (or a ready made crust)
- 1 stick of butter (not needed if using a ready made crust)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 small bar of chocolate (or kind sized if you like chocolate like me :) )
First step can be done way ahead of time (at least hours but can be as much as months before.) remove the label on the condensed milk and submerge the unopened can in a pot of water. Cover and boil for 2.5 hours. Warning!!! Be sure to keep the pan covered by water at all times!!!
After requisite time has passed, take pot off the stove and allow the can to cool. In case you are wondering, you just made magic, er, toffee!
So you are ready with your toffee, it is time to do the rest
I used a readymade crust) which is easier!
To make whipped cream (or buy cool whip)
Whip cold cream and vanilla on high until whipped
Set it aside
Now it is time to bring it all together. Cut up bananas into slices and lay into your crust. It doesn’t matter how you arrange them really, just go wild.
Open toffee can, mix with knife until smooth, pour on bananas.
Spread the whipped cream over the whole mess
Grate the chocolate on top, optional
I topped it off with the last two blocks of chocolate from the bar :)
And there you go! BANOFFEE PIE!